THE PROGRAM ADOPT A SCHOOL FOR MODERNIZATION
Started in 2015, “Adopt a school for modernization” is a continuation of the digital education program. The program aims to allow groups (families, institutions, friends) and members of the diaspora or those concerned in Haiti, to participate actively in the “revolution of education.” The program consists of collectively sponsoring a school in Haiti through financial contributions: donations, funding, etc.
Presently, 6 schools have already been adopted by families and graduates.
Why adopt a school?
Adopting a school is:
- To enroll in the program and provide multiple generations of children with the benefit of improved teachings and new technology
- To emphasize the notion that quality education is a right
- To participate in the creation of an inter-generational link between residents of Haiti and those who have expatriated
Schools to adopt
There are many criteria to consider when choosing which schools to adopt. For example, many alumni may choose to reunite for the benefit of their school. Haïti Futur usually focuses their efforts on isolated schools in rural areas that are the most impacted by the absence of quality education and basic needs, like electricity.
An adoption includes the implementation of solar panels, the installation of interactive digital whiteboards accompanied by instructional materials and follow-up of the professors. Haïti Futur will regularly provide information regarding progress in their schools (installation, teacher training, school results). This will encourage all partners – donors and beneficiaries – to continue engagement over time and build a vast network of solidarity for the education in Haïti and outside of Haïti.
The adoption of l’École Nationale de Saint Georges, de l’École Nationale de Bouzy and de l’École Notre Dame du Sacré Cœur d’Aquin by the Conseil Général de l’Essonne
These three schools have been adopted by the Conseil Général de l’Essonne in France. Two interactive digital white boards have been installed in each school.
COST OF THE PROGRAM
The total cost to equip a school is 17 000$
- The installation of solar panels with a maximum of 600W
- The installation of a 1500 W inverter
- The installation of 4 lithium batteries of 75Ah
Installation of interactive digital whiteboard
- The installation of an interactive video projector EPSON
- The installation of a board and eventually a stage (if necessary)
- The installation of a laptop
Teacher training and follow-up
- The training of teachers to provide them with the autonomy necessary to use interactive digital white boards
- Follow-up of professors during the two years after installation
- The supply of necessary manuals to ensure the smooth running of the program (master’s guide, etc.)
OUR SPONSORS AND PARTNERS
- Ministère de l’Éducation et de la Formation Professionnelle (MENFP)
- Ministère des Travaux Publics, Transports et Communications (MTPTC)
- Banque Mondiale
- Planète Urgence
- Électriciens sans Frontières
- Fondation de France
- Collectif Haïti de France
- Groupement des Retraités Éducateurs Sans Frontières
- Agence Française de Développement
- Conseil Général de l’Essone